Cruise and ferry
Cancellation or delays
In cases of cancellation or delay of more than 90 minutes at departure, you have the following rights:
- Assistance, to include snacks, meals, refreshments, and, where necessary, accommodation for up to three nights.
- Reimbursement or rerouting
In situations of delay in arrival or cancellation of journeys, not caused by extraordinary circumstances:
- Compensation of between 25% and 50% of the ticket price.
Your rights if you have a disability or reduced mobility
All people with a disability or reduced mobility have the right to:
- Assistance, free of charge, at port terminals and on board ships. You will have to notify the company of your specific needs at least 48 hours in advance.
- Financial compensation for loss of or damage to mobility equipment.
Firstly, you should address your complaint to the cruise or ferry company. The deadline for complaints is 2 months from when the journey took place, or should have taken place.
If the company chooses not to respond, or you are unhappy with their response, you can forward your complaint to the Norwegian Consumer Authority for trips in or from Norway and the ECC Norway for travel outside of Norway.