Tips and advice
Good tips and advice for renting a place for the holidays:
- Check the reviews from other renters.
- Pay by card – that way you have extra insurance through chargeback should something go wrong.
- The rental contract should specify exactly what you are paying for and what the total is. Any additional fees for items such as bed linens and cleaning should be mentioned in the contract.
- The deposit is usually around 10 percent of the total price. More than 25 percent is considered too much.
- Take screen shots to keep track of what you have ordered and been promised. This is your documentation should you need to submit a complaint at a later date.
If a problem arises, it is important to address your issues directly to the lessor. If you do not allow them to deal with the issue, you might lose your right to compensation or a discount. Take pictures and complain in writing. This is your proof of the dispute.
If you are unable to reach an agreement with the lessor, you can contact us. However, be aware that ECC Norway does not handle complaints between private parties.